Sunday, December 2, 2007

Lightly Mapping LPS

Dad and I finished off a much-needed new episode of Minutes After Midnight. Talked about how the art of lyrics is dying and has been continuously murdered by certain artists who quickly make unique phrases cliched.

After that we talked about plans for LPS. He came to the idea that we should break off the Rachel, Megan, and Erica songs from the album and just keep those individual. The problem with that is that after doing so, there goes more than half the album.

I want to keep it along the lines of a Tori Amos - Boys for Pele

It'll come along. Dad says my voice is almost ready for a release, but not good enough. I agree with him. I keep thinking of some way I could "mask" the fact, kind of like how I can mask the repetitive beats for Black Adam with phasers and flangers and unisons. But whatever, no rush.

He really likes the new shit I've come up with, especially "Imperfections", a song about imperfections, lost love, and pondering whilst tea is being drunk.

"I like to sit and drink my tea and think of humanity and how love is a disease and how it eats you so slowly... so slowly... good news for you."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home